Friday 25 June 2010

All Quiet on the Blogging Front...

First of all I would like to apologise.  I've been pretty quiet on this blog for couple of weeks and haven't been giving the summer rugby tours the attention they deserve.

Why?

Well, I'm spending most of my free time trying to organise a big rugby event for charity.  There is so much to do and as a consequence my blogging has given way.  I will let you know the details of the fundraiser as soon as I can...

However, I would like to say a big, belated congratulations to England for beating Australia, in Australia, for the first time since the 2003 World Cup final.  Brilliant game boys and a very well deserved win.

Here are my predictions for this weekend's games:

Australia v Ireland

Australia will be looking to lick their wounds after failing to put England to the sword in last weekend's 21-20 defeat.  Wallabies skipper Rocky Elsom looked like he'd been presented with a kangaroo poo last Saturday, and rightly so.  Meanwhile, Ireland will be looking to bounce back after being hammered 66-28 by the All Blacks before suffering narrow 31-28 loss to New Zealand Maoris last Friday.

My prediction:  Australia to win by 15

Argentina v France

Argentina are getting better, but two home defeats by Scotland does not bode well ahead of their clash with Grand Slam champions France.  However, there is still the chance that Marc Lievremont's men will flounce off on strike in homage to their footballing counterparts.  Probably not though.

My prediction:  France to win by 9

New Zealand v Wales

New Zealand will be buoyant after demolishing Warren Gatland's Wales last weekend and humiliating Ireland the week before.  Dan Carter showed the world's media why they should stop focusing on a certain Mr Wilkinson with a sublime performance at 10 last Saturday.  Wales, on the other hand, will want to forget all about the 42-9 drubbing in Dunedin.  Apparently therapy helps, boys.

My prediction:  New Zealand to win by 30

South Africa v Italy

Finally, South Africa will be wanting a much tighter rematch against Italy, who they beat 29-13 last Saturday.  I expect more of the same from the Springboks who chalk up yet another win.

My prediction: South Africa to win by 18

But what do you think?

1 comment:

  1. you should defo write something about rhys ruddock, his transition was (according to the irish video analisyst) the best thing for a young player since.. well fitz

    ReplyDelete