Tuesday 23 February 2010

Hi Noon

Or should that be one step forward and 400 steps back for England?

I am of course referring to the news that Martin Johnson has called up ineffective Brive blunderbuss centre Jamie Noon to his Six Nations squad as a replacement for the injured Dan Hipkiss.

Why?

OK, so I know that Noon plays with Riki Flutey week in and week out at Brive so there has to be a positive there.  I think.
But what about Hape? He of the funny first name and rugby league side-step?  I know he usually plays at 12, but even Hape playing out of position has got to be better than Noon.  And what about Jon Clarke?

Hello Johnno?!

I hope that Shontayne is still ahead of Jamie "Can't Pass, Won't Pass" Noon in your conservative pecking order.
I know that Jamie will more than likely just turn up for training, run around and not pass the ball for a bit before being packed off home.  However the fact that Johnno reached for his number at all really upsets me.

This is conservatism at its best.  David Cameron would be proud.

Hmm, I wonder if this is Johnno's stealth way of campaigning for the Tories in the run up to the general election?

No comments:

Post a Comment