Friday 13 November 2009

The Quest to Meet Dan Carter (2): Research

A quick update on my masterplan to meet Dan Carter....

Thanks to a top tip from one of my readers and a quick glance at my ticket for the England vs New Zealand game next weekend, I have discovered that the player's entrance to Twickenham stadium is in the West Stand, and that my seat is - yes, that's right - in the West Stand.  A coincidence?  Probably.  Or could it be fate?  Well, probably not.

Either way, a nice early arrival and the expert use of my elbows to get to the front of the crowd might afford me a glimpse of my tracksuit-clad (minor) rugby obsession, the lovely Dan Carter.



Hello!


However, when I stop to imagine the moment where I see Dan up close and personal for the first time, I can't help shake off the image that I will somehow rapidly metamorphosize into a female version of Alan Partridge:





I cannot let this happen.

Next on the agenda:  Practising keeping my cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment