Sunday 3 January 2010

Man of the Month: January

Ahh, 2010 has arrived and I am feeling fat.  I'm sure I'm not the only one who is a bit squidgier around the middle after two weeks of festive over indulgence and some world class gym avoidance, but hey ho the New Year is here and my gym kit is packed for tomorrow.

Therefore, with January being a month of slightly wobbly bellies and even wobblier New Year's resolutions, January's Man of the Month isn't an irritatingly toned and muscle packed rugby bod.  No.  In my best impression of Sesame Street, this month is brought to you by USA Eagle and my favourite Leeds Carnegie player: Mike 'Big Mac' MacDonald:



Some people might say he's fat. I call him a Powerhouse. I also think that Mike is the perfect Man of the Month to follow the festive binge, as if a (slightly) tubby bloke with a belly can be a professional rugby player then it really goes to show that anything is possible if you put your mind to it.  This makes him the perfect pin up boy to help you stick to your New Year's resolutions.  Possibly.

Here are a couple of more pictures of Mike:


Check out this Side-Moob...



How do you like that Side-Moob?


Warm up that treadmill for me will you?

4 comments:

  1. Hi Bamberio,
    After all of the holiday eating and feeling my trousers a bit tighter than I would like, this is one Yank(and a prop at that) who appreciates your man of the month. When I went to the Rugby World Cup back in 2007, he was the man of the match in a losing effort by the USA Eagles against Tonga.

    I know it's not rugby related, but are they still celebrating in Leeds after their stunning upset of Man U in the F.A Cup? It's been a long time since the words "Good news" and "Leeds United" have appeared together at the same time in the Sports section of the paper or the online version of the BBC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit that Manchester United and Leeds United are my two least favourite teams (as I'm a Liverpool fan - long story), however I hate Man Utd more so yesterday I was a Leeds fan for the day!

    I back arrived in Leeds train station last night after being away for a few days to hear a bit of "Marching on Together" being chanted, but other than that, lots of Leeds Utd related Facebook updates by my friends, constant reminders on the local news and plastered across the papers, and some very happy looking faces in the office today it's been quite a subdued reaction! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Small world! I'm a Liverpool fan from when I was a teenager in the US just starting to get into football. This goes back to when Kevin Keegan had left Anfield to play at Hamburg, and Kenny Dalglish had become the new darling of the Kop.It was an era when Liverpool, Nottingham Forest and Ipswich (RIP Sir Robbie) were not just among the best in England, they were the best in Europe.(Boy, I AM getting old)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, I love this! Mike is my brother-in-law, and he is NOT fat! He may look "tubby" but when he's every bit muscle. Do you really think a "tubby" American would be captain of an English side? He's all man!

    ReplyDelete