Wednesday 27 January 2010

Unofficial Six Nations Top Trumps

I love this time of year.  Six Nations fever is starting to grip the home nations, France, and to a slightly lesser extent Italy, and rugby pundits, bloggers and aficionados are all starting to weigh up the pros and cons of each country's chances of winning this prestigious tournament.

Here at Studs On The 22 it is no different.  I love the Six Nations.  As a young girl I used to watch the Five Nations with my nose pressed up to the TV screen, whilst my Mum dozed off on the sofa and my Dad shouted at me to get out of the way.  Apparently I made a better door than a window.  Anyway, the Five, now Six Nations has always had a place in my heart and I can't help but wade into the pre-tournament hype.

The Rugby Blog is previewing all the runners and riders in fine style, noting the key men, each country's strengths, weaknesses along with a prediction of their finishing position.

I'm going to do this too, only with a slight tongue in cheek twist.

Do you remember Top Trumps?  There are loads of different Top Trump sets, from Harry Potter to Supercars, and dinosaurs to Hannah Montana.  As the Six Nations approaches, I've decided to unveil the Studs On The 22 Unofficial Six Nations Top Trumps.

There's going to be all the usual sort of categories (like scrum, line-out and stadia), but I'm also going to throw in some leftfield ones (basically to give England the chance of winning).

My rugby themed Top Trumps will begin tomorrow with last season's Six Nations Grand Slam champions, Ireland.

Best go and sort out the categories...

No comments:

Post a Comment